Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Be still and know that I am God..

Pinned Image

What does it mean to be truly still? I have never been very good at calming down and sitting still. Even as a child, I never wanted to sit still in fear that I may miss something important. Now that I'm an adult, even in my busiest times when all I want is a break, I don't know how to stop. I feel like there's always something to do: an email to send, a phone call to make, a dinner to prepare, a load of laundry to be done, or a bill to pay. Even the times when I think I'm resting, my mind is still going a million thoughts per second. I know being still doesn't just mean physically. It is so much deeper than that. It means resting in who God is. When we realize who God is it changes our whole perspective. When we are truly still, God speaks. When we are truly still, God moves. When we are truly still, powerful things happen because it is in that stillness that we realize, God is God and we are not.

He is calling us to Himself. Rest in who He is today.

Lyndsey Williams, Kentucky Case Worker

No comments: