Friday, April 20, 2012

Revive Me with Your Joy


But let all those who take refuge and put their trust in You rejoice; let them ever sing and shout for joy, because You make a covering over them and defend them; let those also who love Your name be joyful in You and be in high spirits. Psalm 5:11

In a recent book study, I was posed the question: “Do you know the joy of living exactly the way He created you to live?” The statement hit me with a twinge of guilt. It’s a bit of a tricky question, I am living exactly the path He ordained for me to live but am I living it the way he intended? The way he created me to live is directly linked to the joy I would receive from this approach. Our Father has blessed us immensely in making His true joy an attainable free gift at ALL times.  Our greatest joy is not found in the situational activities going on in our lives. But as humans, we are foolish. We fall into the trap of choosing when to turn our joyfulness on and off based upon the surrounding circumstances. As a Christ follower, we are freely given comfort and strength along every bump in the road, take joy in that! The song below is one I’ve been playing on repeat lately; I encourage you to dwell in these lyrics. Our deserts are never without rivers, our dark is never without light, our wells are never dry.

"You revive me
You revive me Lord
And all my deserts are rivers of joy
You are the treasure I could not afford
So I'll spend myself till I'm empty and poor
All for You
You revive me Lord

Lord I have seen Your goodness
And I know the way You are
Give me eyes to see You in the dark
And You race shines a glory
That I only know in part
And there is still a longing
A longing in my heart

My soul is thirsty
Only You can satisfy
You are the well that never will run dry
And i'll praise You for the blessing
For calling me Your friend
And in Your name I'm lifting
I'm lifting up my hands

I'm alive
I’m alive
You breathe on me
You revive me"

Anna Eidson, Administrative Coordinator

No comments: