Monday, September 13, 2010

What a Weekend!

As I sat Friday night at the local high school football game, my heart was full of joy as I watched children from all over the world enjoying the game of the night. In the general area where I was sitting I saw children who were from China, Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Honduras. It was amazing to think that these children at one time were in an orphanage and did not know the fun and excitement of a Friday night football game. They had smiles on their faces as they cheered for their team, enjoyed their favorite concessions and spent time with family and friends. Thank you God that you reminded me of your love for the orphan even at a football game.

As Saturday rolled around it got even better. I was checking e-mails for the day and discovered I had been sent a video of a potential child for one of our families. I had the honor of spending time with this sweet family as we watched a priceless video of their potential child. Smiles spread over their faces and tears glistened in their eyes as they watched this child interact and play. Thank you God that you reminded me once again that your timing is perfect.

As the day began on Sunday I wondered if I would see one of my favorite 3rd grade boys in my small group. He has been in my small group now on Sunday mornings for several months. He is a foster child and has quickly learned what Jesus’ did for us on the cross. He is eager to participate, answers questions accurately, and quickly volunteers to read scripture. I have seen him grow and change in so many ways over these last few months. He was there today with smiles and hugs to go around. He always brings joy to my heart. Thank you God that you reminded me of your faithfulness to children whose futures are uncertain.

I praise you Lord for the honor and privilege you have given me over the last eighteen years to work in this wonderful world of adoption uniting children with their forever families.

“I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise will continually be in my mouth. My soul makes boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!” Psalm 34:1-3

Jana Lombardo
International Social Worker

No comments: