Tuesday, January 24, 2012

God's Eye Perspective



I know God is in control of all things, but sometimes it is hard for me to submit.  I like having a “to-do” list.  I enjoy the sense of accomplishment when it is complete.  Although I know there are a million things I need to do today, somewhere in the recesses of my mind and heart it is being revealed to me that they are not important. 
God brought me here in His Word this morning:
                "And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work."                                                             2 Corinthians 9:8
                "...Our hope is that, as your faith continues to grow, our area of activity among you will greatly expand, so that we can preach the gospel in the regions beyond you..."                      2 Corinthians 10:15-16
 As you look at that daunting “to-do” list sitting before you, ask yourself which ones will impact the lives around you for eternity.  Sometimes, just putting things in an eternal perspective removes some items from our list.  Do we still have daily responsibilities? Yes. Which do you think matters most to God--if we make it to the post office today, or if we don't make it because we use that time as an opportunity to share the Gospel or minister to a believer in need? To help me keep things in perspective and to remind myself to SLOW down in order to see these opportunities, I am reminded of Psalm 46:10.  It simply says, "Be still, and know that I am  God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."  My prayer for you today is Peace and a God's eye perspective when tackling your "to-do" list today.
Hazel West, Lifeline Village

No comments: