Tuesday, August 16, 2011

You already know...

“Lord, even before you say a word, you already know what I am going to say. You are all around me- in front and in back. You have your hand on me. Your knowledge is amazing to me. It is more than I can understand.”… “All the days planned for me were written in your book before I was one day old.”

These verses, taken from Psalm 139 (vrs 4-5 and 16) have brought me so much comfort. And though, I have never been through the adoption process, I have recently become a mother, to a little girl who had a very rough start in this world. Our Heavenly Father knows what we are going to say.. He knows our thoughts, and knows our inmost being. He knows my weaknesses even better that I do. And before I even knew I need to call out for His strength, He is there, carrying me through. Take a second and think about these words again: “All the days planned for me were written in Your book before I was one day old.” How amazing is that? The thought that my Father is not surprised at anything that comes at me today, blows me away. He already knows the hardships, the trials, the difficulties, the successes, and the victories that we each will experience and go through… And you know? That knowledge helped me through a journey that I thought would never end. I mentioned earlier that my daughter had a rough start in this world. She was born at 28 weeks, about 2 months early. And spent almost 2 months in the NICU. A two months were every day was approached with uncertainty as to what will happen. She was born after me being in the hospital for 3 weeks on extreme bed rest. And Her little 2lb. 2 oz. self turned Cody(my husband) and my lives upside down immediately! And though when making a “birth plan” Abigail being two months early was nowhere on our radar. God knew. He wasn’t surprised one bit that day. He knew before Abigail was created that was going to be the beginning of her story. In just the same way our God was not surprised at my families journey.. He is not surprised by yours. Wherever you are in your life.

Whether you are in the adoption process , considering adoption, or at home facing the daily trials that come with being a parent. He is there, and He is not surprised. And He is there carrying you before you even know you need carrying. Don’t be afraid to fall into His arms.


Marie Collier
Administrative Coordinator

No comments: