Thursday, July 21, 2011

Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep


Now I lay me down to sleep
In my home that’s really sweet
Had three large meals and a snack
There wasn’t a hint of any lack
Comfortable shoes and clothes that fit
My heart’s desires my money can get
Friends and family know my name
So many opportunities it’s just insane
Doctors and dentists, heat and air
A hope and a future.. No despair
Little chance I’ll die before I wake
But if I do, my soul God will take.
But the homeless orphan goes to sleep
His unbathed body on a filthy street
Sold himself today to get a meal
From a slimy stranger with a dollar bill
No life,no skills, no future, no hope
No family, no friends, no heat, no coat
No shelter, no job, no doctor, no care
No money, no support, no help anywhere
Despair and neglect a fight to survive
A shell of a child more dead than alive
And if this orphan dies before he wakes
Will he know God his soul to take?

Dave Wood
International Director


No comments: