Monday, May 16, 2011

We are the body…

I wanted to share the lyrics of one of my favorite songs with y’all by Mandi Mapes…

We are the body of the most High
We are the bride of a Savior
And we fall for the King of the kingdom
As we sing the songs of salvation

And we stand for those who cannot stand for themselves
And we love the loveless
And we go where Your light’s not shining
We are the body of Christ

We shine like a city on a hilltop
We boast in the Spirit living in us
And we march on a road leading to freedom
As we reach out our hands to the fallen

And we bring living water to the thirsty and
We live for the One who was and is and is to come
So our life counts for something greater than ourselves
We are the body of Christ

And our anthem will be a song of praise to the King
“He is worthy, He is worthy”
With one voice we will sing, “Where oh death is your sting”
He is mighty, He is mighty

I just started working at lifeline about a month ago and I have never been surrounded by so many people who love the Lord like these men and women do. This song comes to my mind a lot when we gather together for prayer in the mornings. This might sound like I am bragging, but what I am really trying to get across is that the Holy Spirit is present here at Lifeline and in the hearts of the people I work with. I am humbled and encouraged everyday by the faith and love of the people around me. I am so thankful that the Lord has allowed me to join such an amazing group of people who stand for those who cannot stand for themselves and love the loveless. And they do it well.

I want to leave you with some verses from 1 John 4:9-11, where John tells us what love is “This is how God showed his love among us: He sent his one and only Son into the world that we might live through him. This is love: not that we loved God, but that he loved us and sent his Son as an atoning sacrifice for our Sins. Beloved, if God so loved us, we also ought to love one another.” Be encouraged, you are loved. My prayer is that you will know the love of our savior. My prayer is that you will be surrounded by men and women like the ones I work with who are people who love like this because of the power of the Holy Spirit working in and through them.

Amy Floyd
Human Resource Coordinator

No comments: