Friday, July 2, 2010

A Picture of Hope

I rose today with such great anticipation. For what the Lord allowed me to celebrate in person last week, I will experience the same joy today. Last week, I watched with an overwhelmed heart, my first adoption take place at Lifeline.

As the new parents walked down the hall to greet their tiny new gift, God gave me yet another glimpse of his majesty and grace. I cannot think of a more perfect picture of the hope we have found in being one of His, than the act of adoption.

As I rejoice with the family who will welcome their sweet son or daughter into their loving arms today, I lift up even greater praise for the eternal arms you and I have been embraced by as sons and daughters of our Father. Amazingly, we are able to experience this love right here, right now.

I praise God for the gift of adoption here on earth, anticipating the events of today, and for the love he extends to us through Christ and the eternal communion we have with Him as our Father forever.

“Make a joyful noise to the LORD, all the earth!
Serve the LORD with gladness!
Come into his presence with singing!
Know that the LORD, he is God!
It is he who made us, and we are his;
we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.

Enter his gates with thanksgiving,
and his courts with praise!
Give thanks to him; bless his name!

For the LORD is good;
his steadfast love endures forever,
and his faithfulness to all generations.”
Psalm 100


Krisha Yanko
Development and Marketing Coordinator

No comments: