Friday, June 15, 2012

This is War

Comfortable, peaceful, my own way I’ll strive,
Millions more walk around, not even alive.

Little discomfort, always something delightful to eat,
While droves of children with mud pies, no hope, surviving on the street.

There’s a war around me, am I ready to fight?
Am I armed with God’s truth, His spirit, His might?

I have everything I need to wage this war,
Yet, so often waking, for me, wanting “more.”

More acceptance, more security, more comfort and relief,
Now brought to my knees reminded, “this is war”, only the gospel brings peace.

Fathers, the fatherless, many in darkness so black,
Lost and unable to see the constant attack.

When wartime is real, we do not even open the door,
before we hear the shots, the cries, and people fall to the floor.

As believers we stand, with the power of the King.
Ready to wage war, confident His glory, He will bring.

Fully armed Body, ready to march forward,
Belt-breastplate-shield, helmet and sword.

Let’s look around us, without fear,
Fervently praying for those who’ve not yet heard, to hear.

The battle we must fight, His righteousness our sight,
The Savior has come, the war has been won.

The Body of Christ, stand ready to fight,
Not against flesh and blood, but against powers of the dark with hatred toward light.

Let’s exhort one another to spend our lives for God’s glory and fame,
Worthy of breathing, living, and fighting, is No other Name.

Krisha Yanko, Development and Marketing Director


 Ephesians 6:10-18
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

Philippians 1: 18-30
            Yes, and I will rejoice, for I know that through your prayers and the help of the Spirit of Jesus Christ this will turn out for my deliverance, as it is my eager expectation and hope that I will not be at all ashamed, but that with full courage now as always Christ will be honored in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain. If I am to live in the flesh, that means fruitful labor for me. Yet which I shall choose I cannot tell. I am hard pressed between the two. My desire is to depart and be with Christ, for that is far better. But to remain in the flesh is more necessary on your account. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain and continue with you all, for your progress and joy in the faith, so that in me you may have ample cause to glory in Christ Jesus, because of my coming to you again.
            Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel, and not frightened in anything by your opponents. This is a clear sign to them of their destruction, but of your salvation, and that from God. For it has been granted to you that for the sake of Christ you should not only believe in him but also suffer for his sake, engaged in the same conflict that you saw I had and now hear that I still have.

1 comment:

Wesley said...

Wow, Krisha. That is an amazing poem. You got some skills. I'm very impressed. Write more!